Bringing back the draft

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jul 2 09:50:33 PDT 2002

pms wrote:

>Does this Luntz fellow usually carry anyone in particular's water, or is he
>just bad at what he does?

He's pretty right-wing. But he also seems to tell people what they want to hear. He skewed his polling on the Contract With America so it made the thing look more popular than it turned out to be, and he did the Social Security/UFO poll to lubricate the privatizers' agenda. You could say he's good at what he does - but what he does is more about marketing than research.

Here's something I posted long ago. The Salon piece has all the details.

Doug

----