cops and beatings

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Wed Jul 3 12:38:47 PDT 2002

> At 12:17 PM 7/3/2002 -0500, john wrote:
> >You think it's the job of the police to decide who 'Deserves" to be
beaten
> >and who doesn't?
> >John Thornton
> >

> > > that those who get the raw treatment are violent males who fully
> > > deserve such treatment.
> > >
> > > wojtek
>

> No. But I do not feel like wasting my time to protest that either.
>
> wojtek

My apologies then. I assumed that when you wrote they 'fully deserved' to be beaten by state sanctioned vigilantes you meant it and not that such a beating was unwarranted but not worth the time to protest. My grandfather was a cop for a few years before going to work for the district attorneys office as an investigator. He felt that most cops were attempting to empower themselves over others through their jobs. Cops who 'tried to make a positive contribution' soon learned the futility of these sentiments and left the force. Cops are the first on the scene of a crime and usually steal from the crime scene.This aspect of cop behaviour was the one my grandfather spent lots of time investigating. They cover for each others behaviour and work hard to implicate other cops around them to insure silence. Beating people has nothing to do with justice and everything to do with power. Most cops don't beat people but almost all cover for someone who has. Many cops work hand in hand with violent criminals. The police force is about control far more than about insuring safety.

John Thornton