So Doug, are you saying here that there might be a reason for Big

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Thu Jul 4 00:56:12 PDT 2002

Capital to embrace gold? Ya know, once they've bought a whole, whole bunch in various ways.. BTW, saw my first gold pitch in the Yahoo mainstream of ads yesterday. Pitch a bit pasty though... As I've mentioned, listen to the right-wing internet radio for 20 min and you'll hear a pitch for owning gold. At least that was the case weeks ago before a very contrived correction, which has not damaged the chart in the least.

Devine, James wrote:

>The worst of the "fundamentalist Marxism" occurred when the Social
>Democrats had some power in Germany at the start of the depression
>and endorsed deflationist policies, making matters worse.

Yup, with Hilferding as finance minister. But there's a good reason he/they acted this way - because of a gold-flavored "Austrian" prejudice against statist manipulation. Gold can be assigned a value, because it's produced by human labor - and fiat currencies (like fictitious, as opposed to 'real,' capital) can't.

Doug