"Punishment"? Re: Centralization

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 5 19:58:30 PDT 2002

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
>Subject: Re: "Punishment"? Re: Centralization
>Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:33:09 -0400
>
>And I meant to say, Justin, that this whole plan v. market debate is
>politically irrelevant to anyone living under actually existing capitalism.
>It would make little more sense to smash existing market relations as it
>did to smash the Soviet planning system. You've got to work with what
>you've got. And what we've got is markets up the wazoo when we could use
>more planning, regulation, social control. Imagining some utopia and trying
>to make it happen doesn't make much sense.
>
>Doug

And who started this debate up again, and who has been desperately trying to avoid it? I agree with everything you say except the last sentence. If we have no credible alternative, we're toast.

jks

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx