"Punishment"? Re: Centralization

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sat Jul 6 13:04:10 PDT 2002

Justin Schwartz wrote:

>>Why not just remove the incentives for making bad shoes?
>
>How? Btw the profit motive is also an incentive to make good shoes.

No. There is no profit motive incentive to make good shoes, or good anything else. Quite the opposite. Competition however is an incentive for the capitalist to make somewhat better shoes than maximising profit would otherwise dictate.

I assumed that was roughly the logic behind your advocacy for a market economy with no profit system? Keep the market competition, dispense with the profit motive.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas