Primates hunting, chimps vs bonobos

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Mon Jul 8 12:30:22 PDT 2002

on 7/8/02 11:13 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Vegetarianism can never be a possible diet for the bulk of the human
> species but remain an option only for scattered inividuals.

hm. i'm not convinced this is true. the first thing that occurs to me is that, there are some 500 million vegetarians in india alone--and those will be genuine vegetarians, more vegetarian even than i would argue for. that's already more than scattered individuals--it's a whole vegetarian culture.

-- jeff fisher dilettante -- er, that's 'intellectual nomad' http://www.brainmortgage.com/

"To bring incongruities and absurdities together in a wandering and sometimes purposeless way, and seem innocently unaware that they are absurdities, is the basis of the American art." -Twain