Jordan won't play...

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 10 13:16:03 PDT 2002

>From: joanna bujes
>
>Jordan Rejects Force Against Iraq Wed Jul 10, 8:25 AM ET By JAMAL HALABY,
>Associated Press Writer
>

>Adwan said King Abdullah II has been "doing his best" through continuous
>regional and international contacts to "prevent any military attack
>against" Iraq. ...
>
>But King Abdullah can't afford to anger the United States. Washington
>shunned Jordan in 1990, when Abdullah's late father, King Hussein, refused
>to join a U.S.-led multinational coalition that chased Iraq out of Kuwait
>after a seven-month occupation.

King Abdullah has my very deepest sympathy. The couple of times I've seen him in TV interviews, I have been much impressed by his good sense, intelligence, poise and articulateness. In every way he strikes me as the anti-Bush. It's a pity we have no one whatsoever of his caliber in U.S. politics.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx