stratfor calls a spade a spade

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Wed Jul 10 13:33:52 PDT 2002

in an analysis regarding an invasion of iraq:

"Saudi Arabia's oil reserves are a big reason that U.S. military forces are chasing al Qaeda in western Pakistan and not in western Saudi Arabia."

no kidding. but wait, i thought we were fighting terror wherever terror goes! uh, except, i guess, in places where we need oil from them. but otherwise, we're solid!

stratfor continues:

"U.S. influence over Iraqi oil reserves would dramatically decrease Riyadh's leverage with Washington. And, in a pinch, the United States could threaten to increase Iraqi outputs and bankrupt the Saudi and Iranian economies."

and then, W would rrruuuuUUUUUUUuulllee the wwwoooooorrrrrlllldddd! <gesture hand=left type=pinky to lip>bwahahahaha</gesture>

and we wonder why the world worries about american hegemony?

http://www.stratfor.com/fib/topStory_view.php?ID=205197

-- jeff fisher dilettante--er, that's 'intellectual nomad' http://www.brainmortgage.com/

"Incidentally, it goes without saying that all forms of state have democracy for their truth and that they are therefore untrue insofar as they are not democracy." - Marx