Tim Wohlforth, Bogdan Denitch, David McReynolds

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 11 14:47:36 PDT 2002

My suggestions, Doug and y'all about how to consolidate and deepen the social gains of the Cuban Revolution? Michael, the neo-Trot rascal, 'sez, organize from below all the revolutionary nationalist sectors of the Cuban people, let the Partido Social Democratico, for example, mobilize along w/the folks around the Varela Project, led by an ex-marxist sociologist, call for extra-parliamentary stuggle to open up the political system. Retain the system of CDR's but, make them the core of a workers militia to resist any invasion. Now, they are just neighborhood snoops that cut off rations at the slightest sign of dissidence.

Political Revolution from below, with an explicit set of positions that would resist any pressures, from Gusanos from Miami, in potential alliance w/Cuban CP nomenklatura that could be the new Cuban bourgeoisie ala the pattern in the fSU, PRC, etc.

I've seen, "The Battle of Chile, " too many times not to know a bit about the Imperialist Menace.

The above, well, it's naive and utopian. I think once Fidel is gone there will be a bloody capitalist restoration. Otto Reich will choose the next Maximum Leader, betcha it's the son of Jorge mas Canosa ;-( Michael Pugliese