Cuba

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 12 13:15:32 PDT 2002

http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/current/0769.html

I don't deny the first world levels of Cuban health, literacy and other measures of well being. Wolfensohn doesn't either ;-)

But, I'm sure you've looked at Granma. That worth reading? Is an authoritarian welfare state the best that Cuba has reached after billions in aid from the fSU (something like 9 million $ a day) and back breaking decades of effort by the Cuban people?

How does Cuba compare to Costa Rica? Anyone else wanna get some stats that will offer a better picture of Cuba? Esp. as compared to countries in the rerst of the hemisphere. Michael Pugliese