why the left is so stooo...ewwwwwwwww....pid

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 12 16:16:22 PDT 2002

(damn, webbox byte limits...)

Why are some leftists so predictable? Frank Scott, like co-thinker, William Meachem, cannot admit that Joe Gowolka, anarchist, or folks like me, influenced by a wide variety of left theories from Trotskyism, libertarian communism, left social democracy, and yes those ex-leftists that wrote for Partisan Review, jerks his knee and sqwaks, Miami, to Joe? Yup, critics of Stalinism, are all Gusanos, life time members of the Cuban American National Foundation, that receive white envelopes from Langley, VA. This reactionary, Old Left reflex is the real reason why the US left is so isolated. Myself, I don't agree with state capitalist analyses of Soviet type societies, whether from Kautsky, Hilferding or Tony Cliff, the Trot. Doesn't make sense to me based on my understanding of marxist econ. Be that as it may, I don't see anyone here, except Doug, offering any coherent case against the critcisms. Michael Pugliese