don't boycott israeli academics

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Jul 12 21:49:44 PDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 at 4:10pm Doug Henwood wrote:

> This boycott gives me the creeps. I'd boot a Sharon
> enthusiast off an editorial board, but not Israelis in
> general. Should I boycott my Israeli shrink, or does she
> get an exemption because she works on the Upper West
> Side? Was there anything comparable in the South African
> sanctions (or sanctions movement)?

I am watching the Charlie Rose show (guest hosted by David Remnick) as I type this, and Ron Rosenbaum has just taken this incident and inflated it to "two Jewish scholars have just been dismissed from their university positions". (But then, what else would one expect of a Goldhagen fellow traveller but opporunism of the lowest form)

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home