Cuba/Re: why the left is so hopeless in AmeriKKKa

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sat Jul 13 11:44:19 PDT 2002

>A periodical which, I hear, is on its deathbed. No money, dwindling
>staff. Becoming the battle mag of the anti-Chomsky left seems not to
>have worked as the new mission for the new millennium.
>
>Doug

Maybe so, but that doesn't necessarily mean the Chomskyan left is correct all the time. Mexico, Canada, the EU and Japan succeeded in forcing the U.S. to back down over permanent immunity for peacekeepers. I doubt one would see this development reported in Z Magazine who likely see the International Criminal Court as a means of taking down Castro, despite America's utter hostility to it. Other capitalist countries are at the moment doing a better job of defanging the U.S. than the ultras are.

Peter