Cuba/Re: why the left is so hopeless in AmeriKKKa

maria.gilmore maria.gilmore at netzero.net
Sat Jul 13 12:45:06 PDT 2002

This is the loophole most people visit Cuba thru...or they just ignore the law, but the Bush Admin is threatening a crackdown:

Persons not licensed to engage in travel-related transactions may travel to Cuba without violating the regulations only if all Cuba-related expenses are covered by a person not subject to U.S. jurisdiction and provided that the traveler does not provide any service to Cuba or a Cuban national. Such travel is called "fully-hosted" travel. Such travel may not by made on a Cuban carrier or aboard a direct flight between the United States and Cuba.

and there's this: http://www.showofthemonth.com/travelclub/destinations/cuba.asp which makes me think it's not all that tough...

and this, just this week, concerning Ralph Nader: http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=/ForeignBureaus/archive/2 00207/FOR20020711c.html

but all this is about "visiting". What if you wanted to emigrate?

Maria

------------------------------------------- Introducing NetZero Long Distance Unlimited Long Distance only $29.95/ month! Sign Up Today! www.netzerolongdistance.com