nathan's article

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Mon Jul 15 07:34:58 PDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 at 9:58am Nathan Newman wrote:

> And on the particular issue of WorldCom, the Clinton
> administration was quite tough in blocking its merger
> mania. When WorldCom merged with MCI, Clinton's Federal
> Communications Commission forced the company to sell off
> MCI's Internet business to Britain's Cable & Wireless.

I've always thought this bold action by the anti-trust folks must have left Ebbers chuckling up a storm. They made WCOM sell off internetMCI and what, a year later?, WCOM buys MFS/UUnet which was bigger than internetMCI! And nobody said boo...

It's a good thing nobody believes in regulation anymore, 'cuz there sure as hell isn't any!

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home