Cuba/Re: why the left is so hopeless in AmeriKKKa

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 16 07:48:42 PDT 2002

Peter K.>...Chomsky and his acolytes, , I suspect, see the ICC as an institution
> for providing cover for big powers should they want to prey on smaller/poorer
> countries via humanitarian interventions.

Where did Chomsky say this? Or are you just attacking a straw man.

Ed Herman has been scathing. You read his three parter in Z attacking writers for In These Times such as Paul Hockenos of the OSCE? His latest in Z, http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/714667/posts Media and new humanitarian normalization of victor s justice Zmag | Edward S. Herman Posted on 07/11/2002 4:10 PM Pacific by konijn Media and new humanitarian normalization of victor?s justice http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0225-02.htm

The Noamster, http://www.zmag.org/graychom.htm http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=22&ItemID=2053 >..., "As for the ICC, it has the same flaw as all international institutions. In a world ruled by force, the rich and powerful do pretty much what they like. It's next to inconceivable that the ICC could try, even investigate, Western criminals. Simply look what happened to the World Court and the Security Council when they tried to get the US to call off its terrorist war against Nicaragua. The same was true of Nuremberg. The people sentenced there were some of the worst gangsters in human history, no doubt, but the operational definition of "war crime" was "war crime that they committed and we did not." And despite Justice Robert Jackson's fine words about how the Nuremberg principles must apply universally, the US and its allies remained immune when they duplicated many of the crimes in subsequent years, because they are far too powerful to touch, and because the educated classes are sufficiently obedient to cover their tracks... http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/~llou/icc.html http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/ICC.asp#ICC_Oct051998_1 http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/archives/justwatch-l.html http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0207&L=justwatch-l&D=1&O=D&F=&S=&P=25260 Ian Williams of The Nation on the ICC capitulation. He is a strong opponent of both Milosevic apologists on the left and Zionist hawks. Extensive webpgs. on the ICC. http://www.globalissues.org/HumanRights/Chomsky.asp http://www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/propagandhi/RichardDuboff.shtml Acolyte. Rogue Nation by Richard DuBoff. 5. International Criminal Court (ICC) Treaty, to be set up in The Hague to try political leaders and military personnel charged with war crimes and crimes against humanity. Signed in Rome in July 1998, the Treaty was approved by 120 countries, with 7 opposed (including the US).

In October 2001 Great Britain became the 42nd nation to sign. In December 2001 the US Senate again added an amendment to a military appropriations bill that would keep US military personnel from obeying the jurisdiction of the proposed ICC.

Do I sense that DuBoff supports the principles of int'l. law here? This website supports the (dropped) indictment of war criminal A. Sharon in Belgium. Michael Pugliese