The Guardian: In Face of Corporate Corruption, Strange Silence from the Left

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Wed Jul 17 10:08:53 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 9:31 AM Subject: Re: The Guardian: In Face of Corporate Corruption, Strange Silence from the Left

> Chris Kromm wrote:
>
> >This is article is right-on. I fear that the left isn't
strong enough to
> >sieze the opportunity presented by present crisis and
"smite our undeniably
> >vulnerable foes."
>
> Yup, but isn't this time drippingly rich with possibility?
The
> bourgeoisie fucked up bigtime, and lots of people -
including many of
> the bourgies - know it. Opportunities like this don't come
often. I'm
> feeling energized.
>
> Doug

Our issues have been on the public's radar screen for 3 years and despite the setbacks and horrors and frustrations we should feel pretty good about that -given the mess. Who needs CNBC etc. to verify the validity of our take on recent history. The media consider it their job to ignore the left into oblivion when they can't bash us. Just keep plugging away.

Ian