the women of enron

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Wed Jul 17 11:36:31 PDT 2002

Playboy's 'Women of Enron,' Cashing In on the Bare Market

By Peter Carlson Washington Post Staff Writer Tuesday, July 16, 2002; Page C08

When I saw Playboy magazine's nude pictorial called "Women of Enron Uncover Their Hidden Assets," I felt so proud to be an American.

In some countries, workers who lose their jobs when their employer goes belly up in a scandal-induced bankruptcy might hide their heads in shame. Or maybe march through the streets wearing angry sandwich boards. Or maybe just sit at home, weeping tears of despair.

But not in the good ol' U.S.A.! No way. Here in the land of the free these "Women of Enron" aren't hiding their faces -- or any other part of their bodies. They're not wearing signs -- or anything else. They're not weeping, they're smiling broadly, obviously delighted to be showing their (formerly) private parts to the kind of men who read Playboy. [snip] http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10217-2002Jul15 .html