RES: ICC was:Cuba...

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Wed Jul 17 16:14:50 PDT 2002

-----Mensagem original----- De: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]Em nome de topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au Enviada em: terça-feira, 16 de julho de 2002 23:18 Para: Lbo-talk Assunto: re: ICC was:Cuba...

You mean the guy with the conservative, textile industrialist Assembly of God vice president? I wouldn't place high bets on him making too much of a difference; personally, I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for him again (I am a Brazilian national.)

-You´re right PT politics are shameful. We can´t expect Lula to be much better -than, or instance, Tony Blair. It simply capitulated to neoliberalism (an -ideology which is failing in all Latin American countries)

In practice, should Lula decide to do something meaningful about, you know, the general calamity that is Brazil, I doubt he will have much diplomatic capital left over to spend on annoying the superpower.

-You´re right again, but maybe the US hegemony will suffer a severe blow. It -depends on the extent of the economy crisis they will face. Maybe time to -challenge US has come.

Alexandre Fenelon