Ayn wept

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 18 09:50:59 PDT 2002

Carrol Cox>I'm fairly well acquainted with several conservative traditions.

Not as many as this guy! Jim Kalb, Traditionalist Conservative resources, http://www.counterrevolution.net/trad.html has hundreds of annotated URL's. ("Contents:Various aspects of the topic--political, cultural, moral and religious--can be hard to separate, but I attempt to distinguish categories while remaining comprehensive:

Political and Social Conservatism, High Culture, Religion,and "Counterrevolution and Beyond", including

Counterrevolution, Particularism, European New Right, Monarchism, Libertarianism, Biological Considerations, Farther Reaches,and Activism. Current events and commentary.")

http://www.counterrevolution.net/vfr/index.html#000588

Maybe Nathan knows him? He went through Yale Law School. Has articles I've seen in Modern Age, the Old Right academic journal from ISI and The Scorpion, the UK academic New Right journal.

ISI has a new biography of James Burnham] http://www.isibooks.org/news/burnham.html I skimmed the other day at Borders. The chapters on his Trotskyist decade are excellent.

Another ISI book that I think is the best, sympathetic and rigorous history of US conservative thought is by George Nash. "The Conservative Intellectual Movement in America." http://www.isibooks.org/books/224/ Preface, http://www.isibooks.org/books/224/224pref.pdf Michael Pugliese