goosip

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Jul 19 09:48:05 PDT 2002

At 10:57 PM 07/18/2002 -0400, Jeff wrote:
>look, let's get to the crux of the matter, if you will. let's suppose
>the following proposition to be true: "all or nearly all men would enjoy
>being woken up with a blow job." is that in itself such a bad thing? the
>real problem is if a man places something like this as a condition of
>continuing a romantic relationship with a woman--or a man, for that
>matter.

No. I don't think it's such a bad thing. And I agree about the "condition" --

>that said, let us also be clear on something else, namely that one
>suspects this "accusation" was a throwaway on pollitt's part. i doubt
>she really thinks she was jilted merely because she never performed this
>particular "service." like a womanizer would have stayed with her if she
>did do it? whatever.

Yeah, agree. When they were breaking up, my little sister's ex complained mainly about the fact that she didn't wear matching underwear. I don't think that's the reason they broke up....but folks wind up saying stuff like that when they break up.

I read Pollitt's piece last night and, I have to admit, I was very disappointed. The one virtue of anonymity is that when your sweetie dumps you, you dont have to embarrass yourself all over the New Yorker. I used to read the Nation mainly for her column -- even though she was neatly ghettoized in the women's issues domain. Anyway, I guess she wouldn't be the first, or last, to fall prey to a charmer.

Bother,

Joanna