tomatoes

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Fri Jul 19 20:52:46 PDT 2002

According to the USDA farm value share is about 20% of retail cost of which labor is only part. Even if farm labor costs doubled how could this double the retail price? Is this possible? John Thornton

Friday, July 19, 2002 9:03 Michael Pollak replied:

So we could pay the workers in both industries a handsome wage and the cost of the goods wouldn't more than, say double?

That's great to know somehow.