T.O. on Lula

Gar Lipow lipowg at sprintmail.com
Sun Jul 21 16:19:40 PDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:17:55

topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au said

> You mean the guy with the conservative, textile industrialist Assembly of God
> vice president? I wouldn't place high bets on him making too much of a
> difference; personally, I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for him
> again (I am a Brazilian national.)

Can you tell us more about Lula and the workers party in general? We seldom hear criticism of him from the left in the U.S. As a Brazilian, stuff you take for granted is probably completely unknown to the rest of us. I had the general impression that he had moved somewhat right -but that is all. What is he for and against these days? What remains of his program that has the world financial community actively campaigning against him?

Thanks

Gar