sterilization in peru

jean-christophe helary suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Thu Jul 25 16:48:47 PDT 2002

did anybody hear of that before ?

jc helary

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:19:27 +0900 From: Anna Isozaki <ken-anna at tim.hi-ho.ne.jp> Subject: [ISSHO] Peru sterilizations

> [ISSHO] Peru sterilizations

> An official Peruvian report has stated that more than 200,000 people
> in rural areas of Peru were coerced into being sterilized during
> Alberto Fujimori's tenure as president of that country.
> This came up as an issue in Japan some months ago, as it seems
> that Japanese funding may have been involved...

Any ISSHO members who happen across information related to this, particularly the ODA-coercive population control link, would you please either post the list or to me, directly? Areas of potential unrest seem to be a typical "population control" target by governments of many countries, helped along by "aid" from other countries... More information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Anna Isozaki ken-anna-isamu at ams.odn.ne.jp

Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:33:36 +0900 (JST) From: Tony Laszlo <laszlo at issho.org> Subject: [ISSHO] NEWS: More on Sterilizations in Peru

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2148793.stm NEWS: More on Sterilizations in Peru

"Poor indigenous people in rural areas were the main targets of the compulsive family planning programme until 2000, when Mr Fujimori left for Japan amid mounting corruption allegations against him. "

End of issho V1 #1735 *********************

(Un)subscribe? http://www.issho.org/node_5.html Tshirts? http://www.issho.org/issho-tshirts.html Latest News and RSS Syndication? http://www.issho.org/top.html Visit our sponsor Global OnLine at http://www.gol.com

----- End forwarded message -----