'a victory for women'

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 26 07:46:45 PDT 2002

rayrena at realtime.net wrote:

>[So apparently it wasn't Daschle's heroic defense of the working
>class that kept the bankruptcy bill at bay but Shumer's heroic
>defense of women's rights.]
>
>Negotiators Agree on Bill to Rewrite Bankruptcy Laws

Yup. Amazing that it should pass in this environment. Has there ever been a more creditor-friendly piece of legislation passed in U.S. history. Off the top of my head, I'd say no - this is a complete reversal of the debtor-friendly tilt of U.S. law that's held from almost the beginning.

Apparently my anonymous source, whose knowledge and insight Nathan doubted, knew what s/he was talking about.

Doug