Tanzim intended to stop terrorism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 26 08:32:14 PDT 2002

kjkhoo at softhome.net wrote:

>Since it hasn't been mentioned, I received the ff. by the Podhoretz
>twerp. So how is it playing in the US, at least in NYC? How many
>papers carry Podhoretz jr?

Poddy the Younger is an in-house raver at the NY Post; I don't know if any other papers pick him up. The Post is at the extreme of mainstream pro-Zionist sentiment; their headline on the Gaza attack was "BULL'S-EYE" <http://www.nypost.com/seven/seven.htm>. The NY Times, hardly the Palestinians' best friend, has been more ambivalent in its coverage. Most people I know were horrified, but says more about the people I hang out with. I think most Americans don't care much, but maybe I'm wrong.

Doug