cop confesses to planting Genoa G8 evidence

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Sun Jul 28 18:40:09 PDT 2002

My sources in Italy tell me that we can expect to see quite a few cops going to jail and the possibility of a few heads rolling in the Berlusconi adminsitration.

It will get more interesting.

Chuck0

Doug Henwood wrote:

> [via nettime - lead in Italian follows - can anyone translate?]
>
> Difficult to understand why the followup about Genoa was not followed on
> Nettime
>
> All those interested in globalization issues, please note todays news that
> explosive bottles - that were part of evidence to justify the night attack
> on school that headquartered G8 protesters - were planted by a cop, under
> direct order of his superior who is now in big trouble.
>
> Confesssion is published today
>
> http://www.repubblica.it/online/politica/genovanno/molo/molo.html
>
> Also note previous accounts report that scores of cops have been arrested
> over unlawful behaviour and excessive use of force during the g8 riots both
> in Naples and Italy
>
> Sounds like we are beginning to get things right
>
> ----
>
> >Il racconto di un poliziotto ai magistrato
> >"Fu il vicequestore Troiani a dirmelo"
> >Agente confessa: "Mi ordinarono
> >di mettere le molotov alla Diaz"
> >di MASSIMO CALANDRI e FRANCESCO VIVIANO
> >

> >GENOVA - "Le due molotov nella scuola Diaz le ho portate io. Ho
> >obbedito all'ordine di un mio superiore". La confessione-choc di
> >A.B., 25 anni, autista della Polizia di Stato aggregato a Genova nei
> >giorni del G8, è stata raccolta in gran segreto dalla Procura nei
> >giorni scorsi. C'è voluto un anno intero, perché qualcuno si
> >decidesse finalmente a dire la verità: il primo "pentito" delle
> >forze dell'ordine ha vuotato il sacco, facendo nome e cognome
> >dell'ufficiale che gli avrebbe imposto di trafugare le bottiglie
> >incendiarie per "giustificare" i pestaggi e i 93 arresti
> >nell'istituto di via Battisti

-- << Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)