Fwd: green dysfunctionality and left disengagement

Luke Benjamin Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Mon Jul 29 11:06:29 PDT 2002

> From: John Halle <john.halle at SNET.Net>
> Subject: green dysfunctionality and left disengagement
>
> Except for the fact that he's making an exceedingly soft-headed move
> running in a race where he will be lucky if he gets 1.5% of the vote,

Why's that? Isn't the race for Texas governor a perfect oppurtunity for lefties to vote their conscience?

>It is a tautology

I would substitute "self-fulfilling prophecy."

>--the Green Party sucks because
>it has no power so I won't help build it, ensuring that it will never gain
>power.

How about this similar formulation: "The Democratic party sucks because it's too far rightward so I won't attempt to drag it leftward, ensuring that will never be a party of the left"? Both Alan's point and mine are empty until one of us demonstrates that our calls to action could bring about the ends we suggest would follow.

-- Luke