Question for the list

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jul 29 20:51:14 PDT 2002

Justin Schwartz wrote:

> I would imagine that once you get out of junior high, the intelligent,
> however that is measured, are treated better; the altrustic, however that is
> measured, are probably taken advantage of. They might not mind though. jks

I think there exists data suggesting that CEOs as a group are thinner and taller than the average.

Carrol

P.S. Back in 1958 or '59, Alan Seager, a professor of creative writing at the University of Michigan, brought silence to a group of grad students around a table in the Haven Hall 6th floor coffee shop. Remember that at that time Shelley's share price was down as it were (partly because Eliot had sneered at him). Anyhow, Seager slyly inquired, "Would it make a difference if you knew that Shelley was six feet tall?" Silence. No one would say yes, but no one quite could bring himself (all male group) to deny the "charge."