quote of the century

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 07:23:51 PDT 2002

Well, here we are in 2002, and we are gonna have to waity until 2100 before we can start the next installment of century's dumbest quote.

This century's winner? The Shrub. Only a man with his particular experience could make this comment. Only a man with his disdain for "ordinary" folk (read: people not disgustingly rich and spoiled) could say this.

>From W's comments on the Senate's welfare reform bill,
I now give you the century's dumbest quote:

"Under the way they're kind of writing it right now out of the Senate Finance Committee, some people could spend their entire five years — there's a five-year work requirement — on welfare going to college," Bush said.

"Now, that's not my view of helping people become independent and it's certainly not my view of understanding the importance of work and helping people achieve the dignity necessary so they can live a free life, free from government control." ***** Let's give the 20th centry's greatest and most famous slacker a round of applause.

Nathan, if the dems do not beat him over the head with this quote for the remainder of his term, I am voting for Lyndon Larouche.