Obese plutocrats (was Re: Question for the list)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 08:36:10 PDT 2002

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>>I think there exists data suggesting that CEOs as a group are thinner
>>and taller than the average.
>
>I once heard it claimed that there's not a single fat CEO of a Fortune 500
>company. I haven't fact-checked that, but it seems right. As I've said
>before, think how the image of the banker has changed from the 300-lb J.P
>Morgan, who breakfasted on steak, oysters, and red wine, to Robert Rubin,
>marathon-runner.
>
>Doug

Time to get your glasses Rx changed, Doug. Have you taken a gander at Rubin's boss, Sandy Weill? Muy gordo. David H. Komansky, CEO of Merrill Lynch? Another porker. And what about former Wall Street denizen and now nominal Street overseer Harvey Pitt? The proverbial 500 pounds of shit in a 350-pound sack. Bloated caricatures, all of 'em.

Carl