Why India needs transgenic crops

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Jul 30 08:48:12 PDT 2002

The problem is that cheap, subsidized grain hurts ag. production in the poor countries, driving more people to the cities, causing problems.

I am not talking about aesthetics. I am talking about infrastructural problems without adequate resources to handle them. Care must be taken not to overwhelm existing ag. societies.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu