lbo-talk-digest V1 #6494

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Tue Jul 30 11:08:09 PDT 2002

"In the 1940s and into the 1950s, the Dems in Congress were controlled by Sam Rayburn in the House and, behind the throne, largely by Richard Russell of Georgia. Richard Gephart and Tom Daschle are significantly more progressive figures."

we've come a long way...and those two old timers didn't have an opportunity to participate in a nearly (416-3 in the house, 99-0 senate) unanimous vote supporting "under god" in our national pledge...yep, far more progressive... fs