Intellectuals vs. activism (Re: Halle weighs in

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Jul 30 11:29:29 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

> I'll be interested in seeing the piece, but where are the intellectuals
> embedded in the movement? Why aren't they there asking those questions in an
> organic way and promoting a discussion on such matters in a manner that
> addresses the needs of those activists?

Ahem! There are intellectuals in the movements!

Just because we aren't connected with a university doesn't mean that we're not intellectuals!

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)