Question for the list

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Jul 31 01:47:44 PDT 2002

In the U.S., anyone consuming alcohol before noon is regarded as a drunk, and before sundown as someone flirting with a serious medical/characterological problem. I was stunned to see the Muncheners drinking beer at breakfast.

Doug ----

This is something I am utterly dreading about going back to the States for the hopefully short time I will be there. Not able to drink beer or vodka on a Sunday afternoon on the streets! It's positively barbaric. (I was telling this to a Russian friend and it boggled his mind: "The United States is AWFUL!")

Chris Doss The Russia Journal