Soros Foundation suspends work in Russia

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 31 09:33:36 PDT 2002

People flock to the Soros offices b/c he funds a lot of things, from NGOs to the tuitions of individual fSU/E. European graduate students.

My question is why is he apparently so disagreeable in his dealings with landlords? I remember a big spat involving a satellite campus of his university and the Czech government that led to said campus relocating from Prague to Warsaw, pissing off the resident Western professors immensely.