200 AQ members worldwide?

kjkhoo at softhome.net kjkhoo at softhome.net
Wed Jul 31 20:52:27 PDT 2002

Please don't shout "conspiracy theorist" at me, but it does appear that this revision, coupled with other recent stances, is an attempt at softening up public opinion for an attack on Iran.

All of which could start getting very confusing since, in Iraq, US policy was (is?) to support Shia against the putative Sunni Saddam. Which would likely land the US on the same side as Iran, except that Iran, more cognisant of its broader interests, is opposed to war and bombs on Iraq.