Why India needs transgenic crops

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Jul 31 23:38:40 PDT 2002

I read recently that Russian army has been asked to forage food. Is the situation that bad?

Ulhas --------- In the Army, it might be. Russian conscripts earn virtually nothing (which is the main reason why they engage in so much looting in Chechnya). I haven't heard about the army being told to forage, but they do "liberate" cash from the population in combat areas. What is common is for a commander who can't pay his soldiers to hire them out to some local business, where they work as factory workers, farmers or whatnot.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal