Chomsky News Network

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Sat Jun 1 21:26:42 PDT 2002

At 04:14 PM 5/31/02 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:
>No one has
>ever succeeded in actually reaching new people (or actually changed the
>minds of anyone) UNLESS they _began_ by focusing on those who agreed
>with them but didn't know they did.

how in FUCK can YOU know if someone else agrees with you if even THEY don't know they agree with you?

and, dude, yes they have succeeded in reaching people. they succeeded in reaching me! they succeeded in reaching doug. i have succeeded in reaching at least one student in each of my classes, almost always someone who disagreed with me. budge talked about reaching someone who didn't agree with him....

kelley