The country that was taken from us (Gorbachev, Trots)

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sun Jun 2 05:30:15 PDT 2002

Gorby is far to the left of Blair. He has said very nice things about the "antiglobalization" movement and calls the IMF "a world government that dictated to Russia -- as a result, we got what we got."

There was a semi-Trotskyist underground, parts of which later became incorporated into Perestroika and Glasnost, like the rehabilitation of Bukharin. Gorbachev's speaches at the time were all about getting back to Lenin. Roy Medvedev and Boris Kagarlitsky were both involved in this. There was also a strong anarchist movement of which the best example is probably Alexander Shubin (I stayed in a cabin with Shubin in the woods for a week once). Neither movement retains much viability.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal

- ----------------- It did. It was called Mikhail Gorbachev.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal

- -Who eventually became a right wing social democrat, maybe close to Blair, don?t you agree?? - -I was thinking about attempts to rescue some libertarian aspects of pre 1917 marxism. - -Why there wasn?t much interest in marxist criticics to Stalinism in USSR, as we can find - -in Trostky?s and Luxemburg writings?

Alexandre Fenelon