Fwd: Re: Patriotism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jun 2 11:50:23 PDT 2002

[sent to me rather than list - CRD, you've got the "owner" address in your address book or something]

From: Cåhristopher Rhoades Dÿkema <crdbronx at erols.com> To: "LBO-TALK" <owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com> Subject: Re: Patriotism Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 14:47:44 -0400

"

Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 12:10:56 -0400 From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Subject: Re: Patriotism

Justin Schwartz wrote:

>Saul Alinsky once said you don't eat a ham sandwich in an Orthodoz
>Jewish neighborhood (even if you're not Orthodox). Likewise, you
>don't tell normal Americans--I don't mean me, I'm not normal, I'm an
>eccentric leftist--that they are empty vicious murderous thugs
>because they care about their country.

Who exactly proposed to do this? Can you say "Your government does terrible things in your name with your money"? Or does that violate Alinsky's culinary guidelines?

Doug

"

Besides, it also is possible to point out that the current régime in Washington, under the tutular leadership of a semiliterate moron, has now proved itself incompetent in protecting the populace against terrorism, in large part because it has been so busy pursuing the financial advantage of campaign contributors and otherwise serving the interests of capital.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema