Summers dictate

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jun 3 06:50:04 PDT 2002

>Brad De Long's penchant for doing anything possible to protect his tribe is
>touching. This is all common knowledge in Russia.
>
>I am abbreviating the text's length so it can go out. (This doesn't deal
>with Summers specifically...

I was struck by a stunning disconnect between the book that Talbott wrote and the one that Kotkin reviewed. Are you claiming this disconnect isn't there?

Brad DeLong

P.S.: Any text that argues against "more rigorous tax collection" and for the retention of "Gazprom's tax-free stabilization fund"... Who are these people who write it, and why they have so much solicitous concern for the wealth of Victor Chernomyrdin and company?