Why not emigrate?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 3 22:39:16 PDT 2002

Justin says:

>Anyway, I am not saying that you _should_ love it: there are no
>"shoulds" about love, you do or you don't.

Right, but the majority of Americans who think of themselves as "patriots" probably say, "America -- love it or leave it." BTW, there is an interesting documentary of that title:

***** America: Love it or Leave it 50 minutes, color, 1992

This documentary examines the many and varied reasons why 125,000 American men and women left the country of their birth, to protest the Vietnam War and resist the draft. Many are still in Canada, while others returned to the USA under the amnesty programs of the 1970s. Through interviews with the draft resisters, the program explores the movement, and the individual choices made: to resist and move to Canada; and whether or not to return to the USA.

<http://canada-acsus.plattsburgh.edu/1100/1141.htm> ***** -- Yoshie