Summers dictates

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Tue Jun 4 01:28:17 PDT 2002

I haven't read Talbott's book, and I doubt I ever will, in all honesty, so I couldn't tell you.

But the extent of the Clinton administration's screw-up with respect to Russia foreign policy is just breathtaking. A massive heap of hypocrisy, hubris, arrogance and ignorance. One thing I have to say about Bush is that his Russia policy has been far, far better than Clinton's (although a lot of this is due to Sept. 11 and Putin's own machinations. Damn, Vladimir Vladimirovich is doing well.).

Chris Doss The Russia Journal ----------------------------

I was struck by a stunning disconnect between the book that Talbott wrote and the one that Kotkin reviewed. Are you claiming this disconnect isn't there?

Brad DeLong

P.S.: Any text that argues against "more rigorous tax collection" and for the retention of "Gazprom's tax-free stabilization fund"... Who are these people who write it, and why they have so much solicitous concern for the wealth of Victor Chernomyrdin and company?