Blake, "America, A Prophecy" Re:Star Spangled Banner

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 4 10:23:24 PDT 2002

Justin Schwartz wrote:

> Oh, now I'm being simplistic, love it or leave it? For heaven's sake. jks

Whoa, Justin -- I think you were the first to introduce your own subjectivity as the subject of the discourse. No one needs (or should need) to defend their own subjectivity, nor should anyone. Don't defend it and it either won't be attacked -- or, the attacker is off-base. ???

(I haven't reread all the posts, so my sense of the thread may be inaccurate.)

Carrol