Gender -- request

Diane Monaco dmonaco at pop3.utoledo.edu
Wed Jun 5 07:38:06 PDT 2002

At 12:16 PM 6/5/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>I wonder if anyone can give me pointers to good texts on the topic of
>"women's work" (housework, sex work, etc.) and especially how this relates
>to value theory. I am particularly looking for writings that go beyond
>stating the familiar and orthodox marxist "reproduction of labour power"
>positions.

[I deleted the word "info" from the subject so if this post still sets off another automated reply from MM I am to blame -- O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!]

Tahir, as a starting point you may find readings by Maria Mies useful and of interest to you. I would recommend:

Maria Mies, PATRIARCHY AND ACCUMULATION ON A WORLD SCALE: WOMEN IN THE INTERNATIONAL DIVISION OF LABOR, 1986.

Please let us know what you discover in your search for our own interest. Good luck!

Diane