Patriotism, Hendrix

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 08:50:36 PDT 2002

Actually, I find PBS useless. The most staid and stale programming on the tube. As for interesting, I was home sick a while back, and I watched the House hearings on Enron's market manipulation....very interesting and good stuff.

Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote: At 03:15 PM 6/5/2002 +0000, jks wrote:

>I'm not a snob about it. I just don't know when I'd have time to watch it.
>the kids intermittently clamor for one, and I ask them, so, what would you
>give up to watch it? They can't think of anything.

Ditto - organizing time is the primary concern. One can find something useful on PBS but that requires organizing my time around their programming. So I prefer reading which I can do on my own time, sequence and pace. When my kid lived with, he used the thing, but mainly to watch videos. But after he left for college, I got rid of the thing altogether. The final straw was its sheer ugliness - a hideous plasticky box sitting right in the center of my living room. Yuck!

wojtek