Fwd: Re: [DemocraticLeft] Re: Yugoslavia, the Avoidable War

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 6 00:19:25 PDT 2002

Gary Null strikes agasin! Michael Pugliese

------- Start of forwarded message ------- From: Peter Kosenko <kosenko at netwood.net> To: debsian at pacbell.net Reply-To: kosenko at netwood.net Subject: Fwd: Re: [DemocraticLeft] Re: Yugoslavia, the Avoidable War Date: 6/5/02 3:25:56 PM

This doesn't need to be on the list, I suppose. Then again, neither did my last post.

**************

The JOSHUA TANZER web site review of the film was pretty good at pulling the cover off the film and filmakers.

**************

I am amazed sometimes at how some people try to "spin" things their way. I visited the web site for the film and found the following on their (limited) testimonials page.

http://www.avoidablewar.com/index2.html

http://www.avoidablewar.com/endorsements.html

First there is Edward Herman, then Gary Null:

"I was appalled to learn that so much of what I thought I knew about the conflict in the Balkans was at odds with facts carefully documented in "Yugoslavia, The Avoidable War." An essential part of the picture missing from press accounts is provided by Mr. Bogdanich and Mr. Lettmayer."

- Gary Null, WBAI, Pacifica Radio

If that "WBAI, Pacifica" reference is supposed to give the film "left credentials," who is Gary Null? I asked myself. It turns out that he is some nutritional health food quack -- indeed, with a show on WBAI. Then I remembered that Doug Henwood (also with a show on WBAI) had commented on him on the LBO list.

http://www.garynull.com/

Peter Kosenko

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net> Reply-To: DemocraticLeft at yahoogroups.com Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:56:34 -0700