Human trafficking (was economics 101)

Diane Monaco dmonaco at pop3.utoledo.edu
Thu Jun 6 07:32:43 PDT 2002

At 12:28 AM 6/6/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>economics 101:
>

>U.S. Report On Human Trafficking
>
><http://news.findlaw.com/ap/a/w/1152/6-5-2002/20020605084503_17.html>http://news.findlaw.com/ap/a/w/1152/6-5-2002/20020605084503_17.html

Human trafficking is increasing and one has to go beyond simple 101 supply and demand to attempt to understand why. Additional and more advanced intermediate level influences include:

1) What factors are behind supply and demand and how are they changing? 2) How is market structure changing? 3) Understanding the trends to normalize certain kinds of human buying and selling. 4) Corporate globalization displaces workers everywhere. 5) Eroding borders increase all trade flows. 6) Media conglomerates can more easily influence demand. 7) Post-Fordism production trends.

I'll stop here before I go beyond undergraduate level topics.

Diane -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020606/a6d311da/attachment.htm>