Protest against Singer's views

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Thu Jun 6 11:03:46 PDT 2002

>On Thu, 6 Jun 2002 at 10:24am Marta Russell wrote:
>>
> > I had some trouble on that site. Here is another:
>> http://thalidomide.ca/gwolbring/
>

>yeah, i had some 'problems' with the site too... in fact, i
>don't know too many leftists that put much stock in
>newsmax.com, _First Things_, or Michael Savage.

I did not claim this was a "leftist" site -- only a place to find Peter Singer references and perhaps the quotes with page numbers Michael wanted. Actually most of them are already in LBO archive files.

>but maybe i only know weird leftists...
>
>every time this topic comes up, you are asked to provide
>quotes of what singer actually said, prefereably in context,
>and time and again the activist literature turns out to not
>faithfully represent his views; sometime actually
>fabricating 'quotes'. and time and again, it turns out your
>allies in this movement are a bunch of reactionary
>anti-abortion nuts.

Name one time I have cited a Peter Singer quote incorrrectly.

>it's damned unfortunate that you make common cause with
>these people.

Make common cause with what people?

Frankly this has become a bore and I have better things to do with my time. Don't be so lazy. The quotes are in the archives and they are accurate.

marta -- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org